Weight Loss Tips – Physical activity for reduce weight
- Eat plenty of vegetables, fruits, and grain products like wheat.
- Use stair whenever you get the chance instead of lift and elevator.
- Increase the consumption of complex carbohydrates like whole wheat, millet (jowar) and barley (bajra)
- Restrict refined products such as flour (maida) and its products such as bread, noodles, macaronis and pastas in regular diet
- Reduce the amount of sugars consumed
- Consume raw fruits and vegetables in form of salads and raitas in every meal. These provide adequate vitamins, minerals and fiber. Fiber is essential as it aids in digestion, has an effective role in managing obesity.
- Limit salt intake
- Have small portions of food at a time
- Do not skip meals
- Have regular meal timings
- When you goes on shopping try to eat before and in between your shopping instead of after the shopping.
- Do not eat while cooking and watching television
- Drink plenty of water (6-8 glasses) in a day
- Exercise regularly. Do brisk walking at least for 20-40 minutes in a day
Tips for including more physical activity in your day
Increase in daily activity can come from small changes made throughout your day – they all add up. You can accumulate your 30 minutes (or more) of physical activity for health throughout the day by combining a few shorter sessions of activity of around 10 to 15 minutes each.
To make a habit out of increasing activity in your day, you can:
- Take the stairs instead of the lift.
- Park further away from your destination and walk the rest of the way.
- Walk or cycle instead of using the car for short trips.
- Take your dog (or a neighbor dog) for a walk.
- Walk rather than rest on escalators or travelators.
- Get off the bus/train/tram one or two stops earlier and walk the rest of the way.
- Work in the garden.
- Play with children in an active way.
- Catch up with friends by walking together rather than going for coffee.
- Try a new sport or go back to one you have played before.
- Do some simple exercises (eg jog on the spot) while waiting for the kettle to boil or for food to cook in the microwave.
To achieve extra health benefits, or to increase fitness, you will also need to add regular vigorous activity to your routine on three or four days a week, for a minimum of around 30 minutes. Vigorous activity will make you “huff and puff” (eg where talking in full sentences between breaths is difficult), and includes activities such as squash, football, aerobics, circuit training, speed walking, jogging, fast cycling or brisk rowing. This type of activity will also help to maintain a healthy weight.