The One Year Update
It’s coming close to a year since I started treating my acne holistically. I’ve had my ups and downs, clear days and breakouts. I think I’ve been holding back on blog updates because I wanted to write about how I found the cure to acne the natural way – but it really is a journey, there’s no silver bullet. And now I’m kicking myself that I didn’t chronicle that!
So, how was 2014 for the most part?
I’ve had periods of clear, beautiful skin, but they typically don’t last longer than a few days, sometimes a week or so. Products/steps I’ve taken over the past year in the hopes of clearing my acne:
|Just a small selection of products I’m currently taking – it gets expensive!|
- Candida cleanses – one week in November, April and June. Two week cleanse in August. Never any breakouts when I’m doing a candida cleanse.
- Thorne Research Formula SF722 – an anti-fungal
- MSM cream
- Manuka honey
- Moisturizing with hemp oil and coconut oil
- Drinking cholorophyll water
- Estroblock Pro
- Fermented cod liver oil/butter oil blend
- Drinking fresh goat’s milk kefir daily
- Seed cycling and taking 1,000 mg daily of Evening Primrose Oil
- Drinking unfluoridated/Culligan water, trying to avoid tap water
- Thorne Research SAT liver support
Some of these seem to help clear me up, and definitely I’m more healthy overall for my efforts. In the next post (to come soon, I promise). I’ll tell you just what has FINALLY WORKED!!!! I’m on day 10 of clear, blemish-free skin and I feel absolutely, flipping’ fantastic. And, who f-ing cares if tomorrow I have a pimple? I’m going to just talk about what’s working now, and not worry that it might not help me avoid pimples 100% of the time.
Now off to bed for me, because one thing is certain. Sleep = beautiful skin.