Luya, Luyang Dilaw or Ginger, It is the rhizome of the plant Zingiber officinale. It lends its name to its genus and family (Zingiberaceae). Other notable members of this plant family are turmeic, cardamom, and galangal.. Luya or Ginger has been used throughout recorded history for both culinary and medicinal purposes.
Benefits of Luyang Dilao or Ginger Root
• Relieves rheumatic pains & muscle pains
• Alleviates sore throat, fever and colds
• Ease nausea and vomiting
• Intestinal disorders and slow digestion
• Relief from tympanism and flatulence
• Treat intestinal worms
• Hinder diarrhea, gas pains
• Relieve indigestion (dyspepsia), toothaches
• Lower cholesterol levels
• Aids treatment of tuberculosis
FOR A HEALTHY SKIN
• Aids in the healing of wounds.
• May help in treatment of psoriasis, scabies and other inflammatory skin conditions.
• Skin lightening properties
• May prevent the spread of breast cancer to the lungs.
• May prevent skin cancer.
• Boosts the effects of chemo drugs like paclitaxel and reduces its side effects.
• Can kill oesophageal cancer cells