Interesting and amazing Medical Facts about our Body
Here are some of the amazing medical facts of our body.
* The red blood cell lives for 120 days on average
* There are 2.5 trillion red blood cells in our body at any time. About two and half millions of new ones are to be produced every second by bone marrow.
* Our heart beats about 100000 times per day
* The human heart continues to beat even if it is taken out of our body or cut into pieces.
* 25 million cells are produced each second in our body.
* Nerve impulses travel at a speed of 400 Km/Hr.
* A red blood cell can travel completely through your body in just 20 seconds.
* We inhale about two million liters of air every day through our lungs. Our lungs are large enough to cover a tennis court.
* 100 billion red blood cells are generated every day in our body.
* Our body contains 70% water.
* In one square inch of our hand, we have nine feet of blood vessels, 600 pain sensors, 9000 nerve ending, 36 heat sensors and 75 pressure sensors.
* Humans gradually start sinking in size from the age of 30 years.
* The life span of a taste bud is only 10 days.
* It is impossible to sneeze with eyes open.
* The largest artery in our body is the Aorta. It is almost the diameter of a garden hose.
* The capillaries, on the other hand are so small that it takes ten capillaries to equal the thickness of human hair.
* The heart pumps about 1 million barrels of blood through out our life time.
* Babies start dreaming even before they are born.
* The human body can function without a brain.
* A fetus acquires the fingerprints at the age of three months.
* The average human head weighs about 10 pounds and the average human brain weights 3 pounds.
* When you sneeze, all your bodily functions stop, including the heart.
* Human teeth are almost as hard as rocks.
* Every month you grow a brand new outer layer of skin!
* The length of your foot is same as your forearm between your wrist and the elbow.
* Our brain has about 100 billion nerve cells.
* The length of human blood vessel so large that it circles the globe 2 and 1/2 times.
* 80 to 100 hairs fall from our head every day.
* As we grow older, the brain loses one gram per year.
* The heart muscles stop functioning only when we die.
* The total surface area of our brain is 25000 square cms.
* There are 12,00,000 optical fibers in the human eye.
* A drop of blood contains 280 million cells.
* Every one is color blind at birth.
* Liver is the only organ in our body, which regenerates itself completely even after it is removed completely.
* An average scalp has 100000 hair on it.
* The maximum length of hair can be from 70 to 90 cms.
* The life span of hair is 2 to 7 years.
* The human skeleton renews every 3 months.
* The food gets into the stomach even we stand on our head.