HOW TO PREVENT AND STOP PREMATURE GREYING OF HAIR
HOW TO PREVENT AND STOP PREMATURE GREYING OF HAIR
One fast way to prevent and get rid of premature grey and white hair is to put a stop on harmful chemical hair products. There are also a lot of natural home remedies that help to treat and get rid of early age hair greying. Since prevention is better than cure, it is advised to provide enough nourishment to hair everyday. These tip will help both men and women to keep hair dark and healthy.
Steps to prevent and cure hair greying
- Constant exposure of hair to heat is one of the major reason for early greying of hair. Heat removes moisture from hair making it dry and rough. If not taken proper care our hair starts becoming weak and white. Some of the precautions that can be taken are as follows-
- Try to remain in shade during peak sun hours.
- Wear a hat, cap or a cover your hair with a scalf to prevent direct contact of hair with sun
- Avoid taking hot water baths. This removes the moisture from hair making hair grey.
- Avoid using blowers at very high temperature, instead lower the temperature and then use to keep hair healthy.
- Diet is also an important factor for keeping hair black and strong. Lack of vitamins and minerals can lead to greying and weak hair. Lack of vitamin B12 makes hair white while deficiency of mineral zinc leads to hairfall. Hence eat a balance diet with adequate vitamins and minerals to provide complete nourishment to hair. Take a vitamin B12 capsule or a multi vitamin capsule to get rid of grey hair. Eat fruits, vegetables, proteins, and adequate water to keep hair strong and moisturized. Include vitamin A, B, C, E and minerals like zinc, copper, iron and folic acid for maintaining the dark colour of your hair.
- Chemical hair products can also lead to grey hair in a young age. Avoid using low quality hair products as these products contain chemicals like ammonia, chlorine etc. that can remove the natural darkness from hair and also make it roots weak. Instead use chemical free products which contain natural extracts to maintain the darkness of hair.
- Chlorine water in swimming pools can damage the quality of hair. Regular contact of hair with such water can decolourise its colour. Wear swimming cap while you enter the pool. Following these precautions will prevent greying of hair.
- Biotin present in cucumber, oats, almonds can make your grey hair black. Biotin have properties that help to maintain the dark colour of hair. It has the ability to darken white hair and make hair soft. Hence eat biotin rich foods to cure greying of hair.
- Stress is condition that leads to degradation of our entire body. It damages our skin and hair taking away the moisture and making it look dull. Stress can also make your hair grey. So avoid stress and try to remain happy always. Try yoga, medication or try some exercise to prevent premature greying of hair.
- Melanin deficiency in hair also leads to hair whitening. As we grow old melanin in hair starts decreasing and hence our hair becomes grey in old age. In case of lack of melanin visit a dermatologist to get the perfect cure for your problem.
Get rid of premature greying naturally
- Tips to prevent premature greying of hairNatural oil massage helps to improve blood circulation to our scalp. Use olive oil, almond oil or coconut oil for deeply moisturizing hair roots and making them nourished. These oils contain biotin, moisture and other extracts that help in treating grey hair and making them soft.
- Tea and coffee are natural way to keep hair black or brown. Add tea or coffee to water and allow it to boil for 10 minutes. Now to retain your black hair colour rinse it with tea and for getting brownish hair rinse it with coffee. Follow this method just in a week to get rid of greying of hair.
- Gooseberry (Amla) is a natural astringent that has a variety of benefits for both hair and skin. Applying amla paste to your hair helps in retaining the hair colour and treating your greying problem. Some of the benefits of amla includes
- Promotes hair growth
- Prevents and Controls hair fall.
- Prevents and cures premature greying of hair.
- Treats infections of scalp
- Black walnuts works well for darkening hair colour. Break the walnut and add its fruit into water. Now boil the water for 15 minutes and allow the water to cool. Remove all the walnuts from the water and rinse your hair with this water twice a week. This technique helps in restoring hair colour, thus helping you to get rid of your grey hair.
Tips to prevent premature greying of hair
- To prevent your hair from greying it should be protected from heat.
- Avoid using excess chemical hair products like shampoos, conditioners, hair gels etc.
- Try to keep your hair always moisturized.
- Eat a healthy balanced diet to prevent your hair from becoming white.
- Avoid wearing tight hats and caps as it disturbs the circulation of blood to our scalp.
- In case of vitamin or mineral deficiency visit a doctor for medical prescription.