Home Remedies for Dysentery – Causes, Symptoms & Cures
When digestive system becomes incapable to function normal digestion process severe diarrhea is experienced and this disorder is known as dysentery or loose motion. If not taken care on time, it may lead to fatal condition due to excess withdrawal of body fluids. During this condition maximum liquor and fresh fruits should be consumed so that levels of body fluids can be maintained.
Loose Motion Causes
- Most times, loose motion is caused by our diet – eating too much fruit or spicy food, a drastic change in diet, or weather temperature.
- Acute loose motion is usually related to a bacterial, viral, or parasitic infection, with chronic loose motion related to digestive disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome or inflammatory bowel disease.
- As is commonly the case with vomiting, loose motion causes the body to lose vital amounts of fluids, and so dehydration is always a concern.
Tips to avoid Loose Motion
- Avoid caffeine, milk products, and foods that are greasy, high in fiber, or very sweet, as these foods tend to aggravate loose motion. Try unsalted crackers, or dry toast or browned apple shavings.
- Slowly add soft, bland foods to your diet, including bananas, plain rice, boiled potatoes, cooked carrots, and baked chicken without the skin or fat.
Loose Motion Home Remedies
- Harad (Haritaki) paste is a wonderful remedy for dysentery or loose motion which can be taken 3-4 tines a day.
- Pomegranate(Anar) leaves boiled in water and this water filtered and taken helps to stop dysentery or loose motion.
- Beal juice helps in cleaning the stomach and cures dysentery or loose motion.
- Prepare lemon juice in warm water and add pinch of salt to it, consumption of this juice stops dysentery, and lemon provides sufficient energy.
- Consumption of curd is very much recommended during this condition.
- Consumption of guava is very good for the patient, this fruit helps in reducing frequent stool passage.
- Fenugreek (methi) Seeds taken with Butter milk helps in curing dysentery or loose motion.
- Apple pieces boiled in milk and taken 3 times a day helps in curing dysentery or loose motion.
- Eating a fully ripe Banana pulp meshed in Buttermilk helps to cure dysentery or loose motion