Home Remedies For Cough & Cold
Continuously coughing and pain during coughing usually indicates this disease. If mucus comes out during coughing then it will be known as wet cough else dry cough. Therefore some home remedies are working well to treat cough and cold.
In this article, we are discussing about some effective remedies which are much impressive in these problems. With these remedies you can also cure from sore throat.
Causes For Cold & Cough:
Viral respiratory tract infection is the most common causes for cough. Some other possible causes are:-
- Viral infection of respiratory tract.
- Lung infection.
- Carelessness during change in the weather.
- Climatic change.
- Cold and flu.
- Infections via dust
- Normal Infections.
- Use of cold drink or food immediately after warm (simultaneously intake of hot or cold).
Now we will discuss some remedies which much better to treat with each type of cough and even complete cure is possible. It will be beneficial in cold with fever.
1. Ginger Juice and Honey:
The combination of ginger and honey is awesome to relief in cold and cough.
- Take equal amount of ginger juice and honey and mix them well.
- Boil this mixture for just a few seconds and leave it to become lukewarm.
- Take a teaspoon of this mixture and lick it.
- Use this procedure of licking thrice in a day to completely cure from cough and cold in 3-4 days.
- Use half amount for children.
2. Roasted Alum (Fry Alum) and Sugar:
- Take 10 grams of roasted alum and 100 gram of sugar.
- Grind and mix together.
- Keep this mixture into a glass vial or glass pot.
- In dry cough, take 6 gram (1 teaspoon) of this mixture daily with 125 ml of milk before you go to sleep.
- And in wet cough, take 6 gram (1 teaspoon) of this mixture daily with 125 ml of lukewarm water before you go to sleep.
Note: – Important to note that, use the roasted or fry alum to prepare the remedy.
3. Black Pepper and Liquorice Powder:
- Take some black pepper and twice amount of liquorice powder.
- Then add some sugar candy or sugar. (Sugar is used for making tasty. you can add as needed.)
- Now, grind them all the ingredients to make a powder.
- Take 6 gram (1 teaspoon) of this mixture with lukewarm water thrice in a day to quickly relief from cough.
- Use this treatment at least 3-4 days to get rid permanently.
4. Ginger Juice and Basil Leaves with Honey:
- Take ginger and cut them in small pieces and crush them.
- And take some fresh and washed basil leaves. Crush them by the combination of fingers and thumbs.
- Mix them well to make a paste and add twice amount of honey in this paste.
- Use 1 teaspoon three times in day.
- It will more beneficial in dry cough.
5. Gargle Treatment with Salt Water:
Gargle is better option to quickly cure from cough. it is also better in throat infections.
- Boil a glass of water and leave it to become lukewarm.
- Then add half teaspoon of salt in this water and mix it.
- Use gargling with this water.
- Also drink few amount of this water at the end of gargling.
- Use this method twice in a day.
- This will cure all the throat infections.
Special Advice’s & Precautions:
- Drink lukewarm water in during cough and cold.
- Avoid fried, oily, salty and fast foods.
- Keep away from cold drinks.
- Avoid icy drink.