Health Benefits – Vitamins and Minerals in Coconut
Coconut is a tropical fruit that is rich in protein. The meat of the coconut is very good in destroying intestinal parasites, that we get from eating infected food. Coconut water is good for kidney and urinary bladder problems.Coconut palms take about 5 years to mature and then they produce fruit. Although it is called a coconut the fruit is actually a drupe not a nut. It is the largest seed in the plant kingdom. Young coconuts contain a clear liquid. This is known as coconut water. It is this liquid that turns into coconut milk if the coconut is left on the palm to mature.
Health Benefits of Coconut
- helps promote weight loss.
- boost your immune system.
- helps eliminate swelling in hands and feet.
- good for hangover.
- Good body builder, so it is a food recommended for building up the body muscles of thin and emaciated individuals.
- Coconut milk has been found to help cases of sore throat as well as relieving stomach ulcers.
- The oil has also been recommended for facial massage and is reported to be good as a wrinkle remover.
- Coconut oil is also good for the scalp and hair and makes hair dressing unnecessary.
- Intake of at least 2 Tbsp. of Virgin coconut oil per day can lessen your Vitamin E requirement.
- Coconut water is good for kidney and urinary bladder problems.
- One cup of raw, shredded coconut contains 7.2 grams of dietary fiber.
Protein – 2.66 grams
Calories – 283
- Potassium – 285 mg
- Phosphorus – 90 mg
- Calcium – 11 mg
- Magnesium – 26 mg
- Iron – 1.94 mg
- Sodium – 16 mg
- Manganese – 1.2 mg
- Zinc – 0.88 mg
- Copper – 0.348 mg
- Selenium – 8.1 mcg
- Also contains trace amounts of other minerals.
- Vitamin C – 2.6 mg
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine) – 0.053 mg
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) – 0.016 mg
- Niacin – 0.432 mg
- Pantothenic Acid – 0.24 mg
- Vitamin B6 – 0.043 mg
- Folate – 21 mcg
- Vitamin E – 0.19 mg
- Vitamin K – 0.2 mcg
- Contains some other vitamins in small amounts.