Causes and symptoms of HIV AIDS
Causes and symptoms of HIV AIDS – HIV destroys CD4 cells are a specific type of white blood cell that plays a major role in helping the body fight diseases. When a weakened immune system CD4 cells will be disabled. HIV infection eventually if left berkemabang in the body over the years developed into AIDS.
Diagnosis of AIDS patients
To be diagnosed with AIDS, a person must have a CD4 cell count below 200 or an AIDS complications, such as:
- Pneumocystis jiroveci pneumonia
Above complications often also referred to as symptoms of hiv aids. Various causes AIDS can be transmitted mealalui HIV infected blood, semen or vaginal fluids entering the body. One can not become infected through casual contact such as hugging, kissing, dancing or shaking hands with someone who has HIV or AIDS. HIV can not be transmitted through air, water or through insect bites. In general, the causes of AIDS contracted HIV through:
- During sex. You can become infected if you have sex vaginal, anal or oral sex with an infected partner whose blood, semen or vaginal fluids entering your body. The virus can enter the body through the mouth or tear a small wound that sometimes develops in the rectum or vagina during sexual activity.
- Blood transfusion. In some cases, the virus can be transmitted through blood transfusion.
- Sharing needles. HIV virus can be transmitted through contaminated needles with infected blood. Sharing intravenous drug paraphernalia puts you at high risk of HIV and other infectious diseases such as hepatitis.
- From mother to child. infected mother can infect the baby during pregnancy or delivery, or through breastfeeding. But if women receive treatment for HIV infection during pregnancy, the risk to their babies is significantly reduced.